Leatt has been in the injury avoidance game (fancy term for protectors) for quite a while now, so their latest addition to their stable is no surprise. The LEATT ThreeFive Neck Brace (DBX 3.5 to keep it official) follows in the footsteps of its big brothers, the 5.5 and 6.5.
The lightest neck brace in the Leatt range, the 3.5 is over 30% lighter than the existing 5.5 models and features a unique combination of in-moulded EPS construction with a polyamide core, similar to that found in high-performance bicycle helmets.
The 5.5 and 6.5 Leatt neck brace models offer a more custom fit than the 3.5. However, the semi rigid chassis is still adjustable to fit most riders’ body shapes.
Like all previous Leatt neck brace models, the DBX 3.5 is CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment and has been lab-tested and proven to reduce neck forces, thereby lowering your chances of a serious neck injury by up to 47%.
– CoreFlex split rear removable thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
– Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
– Optimal helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion
– Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
– Injected, durable and easy-to-clean foam padding
– Air flow ribbed body padding for optimum ventilation
– Adjustable Thoracic to ensure optimum fit
– Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
– Ergonomically positioned open/closure system
– Free, optional clear chest strap included
The 3.5 Neck Brace is not only the lightest neck brace, but it is also the most cost-effective Leatt neck brace ever produced at an entry-level price point of RRP €279, £242 – (adult sizes) / €229, £199 – (Junior).
We’ve got one in to test, so keep your eyes peeled on this page for more information soon!
Leatt® develops personal protective equipment and ancillary products for all forms of sports, especially action sports. The Leatt-Brace® is an award-winning neck brace system considered the gold standard for neck protection for anyone wearing a crash helmet as a form of protection. It was designed for participants in action sports or riding motorcycles, bicycles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles and other vehicles.
For more information, visit www.leatt.com.